Waist Training Corset Buying Guide
When purchasing a corset to wear for waist training, make sure you look for the following things:
- The product photos are authentic, and show a curvy corset on a person or a mannequin. If the corset photos are “floaty” with a white background – they are most likely fashion corsets.
- The corset has over 20 stainless steel bones that are a combination of spiral steel and flat steel bones. The spiral steel bones help work with a curvy corset pattern and provide comfort as well as flexibility.
- The corset has a busk front closure and lace up back that has been reinforced with flat steel bones.
- The corset has 3 layers of fabric with reinforced stitching.
- The corset sizing is in inches (22”,24”,26”,28” ect) rather than dress sizes (S,M,L or 10,12,14 ect) A proper corsets sizing indicates the closed measurements of the waist.
- If the price of the corset seems too good to be true, then it is probably a fashion corset.
- And finally does the corset look curvy on the model? Or does it look more like a cylinder?
Ultimately choosing to waist train with a corset is your choice. The key things to remember are:
- Take it slow – waist training is a slow process, so tighten the corset gradually so you are comfortable and enjoy the experience.
- Listen to your body – if for some reason you are feeling unwell or dizzy, take the corset off.
- Seek a Doctor’s advice before beginning waist training – As with everything new and impacting on your body (the gym included) you should consult with a Doctor before starting. This is especially true if you have any pre-existing medical conditions such as bladder prolapse or respiration issues.
- Take the time to season your new corset. It has the same effect as breaking in a new pair of shoes – your body gets used to the corset and your corset will mould to your body. Read more….
Please note when we make reference to a "Waist Training Corset" we are referring to a proper steel boned corset, not a latex cincher which has been sensationalised by media and celebrities.